BUT JESUS SAID THAT WE SHOULD TITHE (MATTHEW 23:23). DIDN’T HE?
Here’s what Jesus said, “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.” Matthew 23:23 NLT
I do not mean to be rude, but some of us do not understand the Bible.
1) Jesus Christ lived in the Old Testament (Matthew 26:28)
2) The New Testament started after the blood of Jesus was shed (Hebrews 9:16-17)
3) Jesus was talking to the Jews only (Matthew 23:23)
4) The Law was not written for the Gentiles (1 Corinthians 9:21)
5) God gave Abraham circumcision. But it has been abolished. (1 Corinthians 7:19)
6) Jesus because something was said in the Old Testament doesn’t make it binding in the New Testament.
7) Christians, we are able ministers of the New Testament and not the Law (2 Corinthians 3:6).
8) Christ is the end of the Law
“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” Romans 10:4 KJV
9) Galatians 3:2-6
Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it? I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. In the same way, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.”
God bless you.
Pastor Chinaemerem Ibezim
July 31, 2017