20 Questions for those who believe in the doctrine of eternal security – “once saved, forever saved” by Chinaemerem Ibezim
1) The great apostle Paul said that he didn’t want to be castaway in 1 Corinthians 9:27. Why?
2) 1 Timothy 4:1 says that some will depart from the faith. How’s that possible?
3) 1 Timothy 6:10 says that some erred from the faith. Please explain.
4) 2 Peter 2:20-22 says that when people who once believed in Jesus turn from the faith, their latter end is worse than their former sinful condition. Please explain.
5) In 2 Peter 3:17, Apostle Peter warned believers not to fall from their own steadfastness, being led away by the error of the wicked. Kindly explain.
6) Ananias and Sapphira were said to be believers. Are they in heaven or hell?
7) Simon the sorcerer believed and was baptized, yet Peter told him he would perish if he didn’t repent of his evil thought. Why?
8) Hebrews 6:4-6 talks about certain backsliders who can no longer be redeemed. If “OSAS” is true, what it referring to?
9) After Hebrews 10:14 where it says that Christ “perfected” for ever them that are sanctified, verse 26-29 of the same chapter says that if we sin wilfully after we were saved there remains no more sacrifice, but judgement and punishment. How then is verse 14 used to teach that a believer cannot sin or lose his salvation irrespective of what he does?
10) Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17 says that God will remember our sins no more. Is it talking about future sins or past sins, or sins forgiven, since Hebrews 10:18 says “Where there is remission of sins, there is no more offering for sin” and Romans 3:25 talks about the remission of sins that are past?
11) If being sealed with the Holy Spirit means that we are eternally secure, how was Paul able to deliver people to Satan?
12) Why did Jesus say that He would spew people out of His mouth?
13) Jesus said in Revelations 3:5 that He wouldn’t blot out names from the Book of Life. Why did He say so if He can’t?
14) Why are there so many warnings about sin, deception and deceivers in the New Testament?
15) If grieving the Holy Spirit doesn’t mean He can leave, why does Hebrews 10:29 talk about sore punishment for those who do despite to the Spirit of grace?
16) When Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would abide WITH us forever, was He referring to the Church or to individuals?
17) In John 6:37-40, was Jesus referring to the Church or to the disciples with Him?
18) In John 6:67, Jesus asked the twelve, “Will ye also go away?” That was after many of His disciples had left Him. Why did Jesus think or suggest that even the twelve could leave Him?
19) What’s the essence of confession of sins?
20) James 5:20 talks about Christians who have erred from THE TRUTH. He talked about the death of their souls (eternal death) if they don’t repent. Why?